What are the healthy benefits of walnuts
How to eat walnuts
There are many ways to eat and incorporate walnuts into your diet:
- Raw: You can eat walnuts raw, straight out of the bag as a healthy snack.
- Topped on oatmeal or yogurt: Add some chopped walnuts to your oatmeal or yogurt for an added crunch and boost of nutrition.
- Baked goods: Use ground or chopped walnuts in baking recipes such as bread, cakes, cookies and muffins.
- In salad: Add chopped walnuts to your salad for added texture and flavor.
- As a coating for fish or chicken: Roll fish or chicken in chopped or ground walnuts before cooking for added flavor and nutrition.
- In trail mix: Mix walnuts with other nuts, seeds, and dried fruit for a healthy and portable snack.
- In recipes: Use walnuts as a replacement for breadcrumbs in recipes such as meatloaf or meatballs.
- In pesto: Use walnuts in place of pine nuts in pesto sauce to add a different flavor profile.
Make sure to store walnuts in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer to keep them fresh, as they are high in oils that can go rancid if exposed to air, light, or heat.
There are many delicious ways to incorporate almonds into your cooking and baking. Here is a simple recipe for almond butter:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional: 1-2 tsp honey or maple syrup (for sweetness)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Allow the almonds to cool slightly, then place them in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process the almonds for several minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until the almonds turn into a smooth and creamy butter.
- If desired, add a pinch of salt and 1-2 tsp of honey or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Continue to process until the almond butter reaches your desired consistency.
- Store the almond butter in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month or in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Note: This recipe is a basic recipe and you can add other ingredients like vanilla extract, cinnamon, cocoa powder, or any other spice to make it more flavorful.
You can use almond butter in various ways such as spreading it on toast or bagel, adding it to smoothies, oatmeal, baking cookies, cakes, and many more.
#Walnuts #WalnutRecipes #WalnutsBenefits #WalnutPesto #WalnutCrustedChicken #WalnutBread